Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 530
A case of Thalassaemia Major with Mucopolysaccharidosis
We present a case of a male infant, with Thalassaemia Major who also had facial dysmorphism suggestive of Mucopolysaccharidosis, which was detected with a urinary screening test. This is probably the first time that two rare disorders like Thalassaemia Major and Mucopolysaccharidosis have coexisted in the same patient.
Facial Dysmorphism, Organomegaly, Urinary Screening.
- Thalassemia Eradication. Pratham Blood Center. Available from: URL: http://www. prathama.org/thalassemia-eradication-in-ahmedabad-city.php. Accessed: March 18, 2012.
- Talsania S, Talsania N, Nayak H. A Cross Sectional Study Of Thalassemia REFERENCES:In Ahmedabad City, Gujarat (Hospital based). Healthline ISSN 2229-337X.2011; 2 (1):48-51.
- Colah R, Gorakshakar A, Phanasgaonkar S, D’Souza E, Nadkarni A, Surve R, Sawant P, Master D, Patel R, Ghosh K, Mohanty D. Epidemiology of beta-thalassaemia in Western India: mapping the frequencies and mutations in sub-regions of Maharashtra and Gujarat. Br J Haematol. 2010 Jun;149(5):739-47.
- Orphanet Report Series - Prevalence of rare diseases: 2011;11( 1). Available from: URL: http://www.orpha. net/orphacom/cahiers/docs/GB/Prevalence_of_rare_ diseases_ by_alphabetical_list.pdf. Accessed March 18, 2012.
- Randaccio M, Patrucco R, Lanteri C. Cooley’s Anaemia in Association with Mucopolysaccharidosis (Type IV) and Enchondromatosis Respectively. Pediatr Radio. 1980;9:27-30.
- Behera B, Jena DK, Chhetia R, Vijayashree J. Hurler syndrome with a tuft of hair. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2006;72:147-9.
- There are currently no refbacks.