Open Access Subscription AccessTotal views : 452
A Case of Vasmol Poisoning: Monitoring and Treatment
We report a case of suicidal ingestion of hair dye that presented with cervicofascialoedema and later developed rhabdomyolysis and liver cell injury. Our patient improved with symptomatic management.
- Bhargava P, Matthew P. Hair dye poisoning. JAPI. 2007;55:871.
- Huerta-Alardin AL, Varon J, Marik PE. Bench-tobedside review: Rhabdomyolysis – An overview for clinicians. Crit Care. 2005;9:158-69.
- Filali A, Semlali I, Ottaviano V, Furnari C, Corradini D, Soulaymani R. A retrospective study of acute systemic poisoning of paraphenylenediamine (occidental takawt in Morocco) Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2006;39:142-9.
- El-Ansary EH, Ahmed ME, Clague HW. Systemic toxicity of paraphenylenediamine. Lancet. 1983;1:1341.
- Hamdouk M. PPD Nephrotoxicity: [Sheffield] Sheffield Kidney Institute; 2001. Paraphenylenediamine (Hair Dye) Acute Systemic toxicity; pp. 34-47.
- Sampathkumar K, Yesudas S. Hair dye poisoning and the developing world. J Emerg Trauma Shock.
- Sahay M, Vani R, Vali S. Hair dye ingestion – An uncommon cause of acute kidney injury. JAPI.2009;57:743-4.
- Abdelraheem M, Hamdouk M, Zijlstra E. Paraphenylenediamine (Hair Dye) poisoning in children. Arab J Nephrol Transplant. 2010;3:39-43.
- Singla S, Miglani S, Lal AK, Gupta P, Agarwal AK.Paraphenylenediamine (PPD) poisoning. J AcadClin Care Med. 2005;6:236-8.
- There are currently no refbacks.